Product Warning Labels....

A place for off topic discussions

Moderators: Nacho, Tom Greenleaf, ACProf, acsource

Product Warning Labels....

Postby Tom Greenleaf » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:25 pm

We've all said the proper warnings don't exist for the death kit stuff sold for A/C - wish I had some of the instructions to copy here on those.

Just bought some green wire tie for use to tie up garden fruit plants like many do. It's just wire tie like you see sealing a bag of bread but on a spool with a cutter. Garden is doing famously this year so I ran out of the ones I save all year for this purpose.

You'll love the warning on this package........

"ALWAYS WEAR EYE PROTECTION. ALWAYS DISCONNECT POWER SOURCES BEFORE WORKING. ELECTRIC SHOCK OR ELECTROCUTION COULD RESULT."

Made in China
Hecho En China
Fabrique a Chine

Holy crap! I think I'll take my chances with A/C stuff! I had no idea tomato gardening was so dangerous---- LMAO!

Tom
MetroWest, Boston

Favorite Refrigerant: R-12+134a

Re: Product Warning Labels....

Postby cm5400 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:25 pm

You know, they have to put those warnings on there because some donkey(substitute another word :) ) probably did electrocute himself. It is truly amazing. I still don't believe that the lady who spilled hot coffee on her lap and burned herself won the lawsuit against McDonalds. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald%27s_coffee_case
Disclaimer: I am not an a/c expert, I know just enough to be dangerous. :twisted:
In God we trust, all others pay cash.
cm5400
Site Admin

Favorite Refrigerant: R134a

Re: Product Warning Labels....

Postby ACProf » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:01 am

Actual Warning on CHAIN SAW!

"Do not use on genitals". You know, I just wonder about what caused them to add that caveat!!!
------------------------------------------------------
Although I do have a story copied from the American Medical Journal about a guy alone in a shop who used a vibrating conveyor belt mount for "another" purpose. Got something caught and got a testicle ripped off. Stapled up the bleeding mess with a shipping box stapler. OUCH!

Seems he bundled the whole mess up and finally went to the doctor about a week later when things were swelling up uncontrollably. You can imagine what the doctor found when he unwrapped the package!

ACPRof
Sometimes you just have to accept things at faith value!
ACProf

Favorite Refrigerant: Bost Lager

Return to Off Topic