Custom line mass production

Moderators: Nacho, Tom Greenleaf, ACProf, acsource

Custom line mass production

Postby alex_s817 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:05 pm

Hi guys. I'm new here but not new to ac systems. I was hoping maybe you guys can point me in the right direction. I have been working on and off on a custom kit for a vehicle for the past 8 months. After a few different variations, I finally have something that I really like. This recent revision is almost completely constructed of hard lines, making it cheaper but a little more difficult for me to replicate on my own. I have a welder who normally welds everything for me, but with #6 hard line, its a bit of a pain. For the first set of prototype lines, I had him weld them simply so I could have something to build a jig from. The inside is blocked quite a bit due to the penetration from the weld. My main reason for welding these is that I do not have a way to create the #6 and #8 male insert o-ring fittings that I need, so we just welded them to the ends. Will the hydraulic tool on the ac source page work? it appears to have that style of flat tube end in the picture but I'm not sure.

http://www.acsource.com/71475hydraulicf ... pping.aspx

My next question is what you guys recommend as far as tubing jigs go? I have a few ideas but would really like to see how some others do it.

Thanks a lot, all help is appreciated
alex_s817

Favorite Refrigerant: R134a

Return to A/C Questions and Opinions